Wednesday, March 3, 2010



That’s How the Cookie Crumbles
Those who know me will tell you that I rarely if ever indulge in sweets.  Those who know me very very well will tell you that I do indulge in sweets after dinner, especially on the weekends.  However, who wants to waste calories on mundane, so-so sweets.  In the spirit of Ladies Who Lunch, I say if you are going to sin, might as well sin big and sin well!! :)
Which brings me to one of my latest discoveries, Sugar Cookie Couture!!!  Yes, I know, some of you will say that it’s the name that appeals to me (I have always been a fan of Couture and the Luxe Life), but it goes beyond that.  Sugar Cookie Couture makes delicious cookies in all kinds of themed shapes and decorates them brilliantly.
These cookies are unlike the cookies with rainbow sprinkles in the diner cases in New York that draw me to them in childish wonder at the colors, only to bite into them and be amazed that the look is deceptive and the taste isn’t that rewarding.  These cookies please the visual side of me and when I bite into them, they satisfy the flavor that I was seeking as well.  Ummmmmmmmm!!
Owner Linzy Kearbey bakes and decorates all of the cookies herself with an intense amount of care.  These cookies are great for a reward to oneself (we all need those rewards!!), as a gifts to our loved ones and friends or to make an event all that more special.  Linzy makes cookies for all holidays, seasonal symbols, special wedding cookies for showers or for the actual wedding and some cookies that are just because they are fun.  And if you have a special theme all of your own, you can talk to Linzy about custom cookies :)
Located in Southern California, Linzy will ship the cookies pretty much anywhere.  And she is promising me to come up with a Vegan version in the near future for all of my Vegan friends out there.
Check out her website and give Sugar Cookie Couture a whirl.  I know you won’t be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment